Sunday, February 12, 2012

Call me UNKIND

Call me unkind. Call me insensitive, actually call me what you want!!!! My views and the way I air them are totally my own and as always people have choices whether they read them or not, whether they take them to heart or not and whether they impact your life or not. To err is human and yes I make mistakes as do all of us. How we pick ourselves up after making these mistakes is how a person is characterized, that is my opinion and I will stick with it.

Yesterday, well actually for the last 2 days I didn’t sleep at all well. Yesterday in particular was one of those days where I was up at 04:30, and upon turning all the devices I could without waking my wife who was sleeping in the room I came to learnt the fate of one Whitney Houston. It was on my twitter feed, the news channels and even a sports commentator had a say about it.

Call me callous or cruel, but my first thought was not to jump up and run to the bedroom to waken my wife (as I would do if Fred Durst had died), I walked to the kitchen , made myself a cappuccino and some coco pops. I sat down and read News 24 on my iPhone and read the tweets on twitter, yes I can multi task. I then posted a tweet that went somewhere on the lines of this, Kevin Costner is a Doos( for my American and Foreign readers this is a South African term for Vagina). Basically because where was he “The Hero” when Whitney needed him. This was said in jest and wow the responses I got were out of this world. You see, people deal with death and sorrow in very different ways, in my case to make light of the situation.

This is however where I raise my main thought, and as I said earlier, you can chose to read or not.You also have a choice in life.You get dealt certain cards and how you play them is entirely up to you.


In life we are all faced with life altering situations. I personally have witnessed and seen the devastation that addiction has caused in peoples lives. To cry and make a person a Martyr after the fact is what gets my blood boiling. Why cry over spoilt milk, Whitney Houston was graced by a God given talent, albeit wasted, she was faced with choices, she made the wrong ones. She incurred the wrath of whoever she pissed off and payed the ultimate price for it. Every time she shnarfed a line or sucked on that crack pipe she should have been thinking of her daughter that she has now left in the hands of a man who contributed to her demise. She was given all of this and she got given choices, without recourse or remorse she made her decisions, she lived with them and ultimately died with them
Before



The point I am trying to make is that had she not died yesterday, there would have been no fuss about it. People jump on the sympathy wagon and all I saw yesterday was R.I.P Whitney everywhere. She and others should have been and should be helped when alive, not dead. Show how much you love and care when a person is living, not when they have already died, I am sorry, but the only sympathy I feel is for the little girl she has left behind, other than that maybe she is better off wherever she is. Ultimately an angelic person with a voice of an angel turned into a drug addicted alcohol fueled person that was by no means a role model for the youth of today.
Everyday young girls are abducted, sold off as sex slaves and used drugs to keep them sane, these young girls I care for and have sympathy for, not Whitney Houston, she had a choice.She was selfish and thought only of herself.
After



So I have said what I wanted to say, please comment as to your thoughts

i leave you with one more thought , well actually a link.http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/whitney-houstons-daughter-has-complete-breakdown-as-prescription-drug-rumours-swirl-20120213-1t08j.html


BBL

No comments:

Post a Comment