Monday, September 12, 2011

The Great Escape


So as promised here is my analysis of yesterdays Rugby World Cup opener against Wales in Wellington. Firstly though I’d like to make a quick point and then carry on with the analysis. I use a Social Networking tool called Twitter. Twitter is an open forum and you can basically say what you want to say without getting judged or frowned upon etc. However , your points are not always agreed with and you will get the odd disagreement, which is also cool as constructive criticism and general banter is really good, but, when you get a pedantic fuckwit like a follower that disagreed with me and then apologized for being a fuckwit who unfollows you later because he has no balls because his wife who was also following you is holding them with a vice also unfollows you because poor hubby is distraught because he got mooted on twitter . That pisses me off. Oh you thought I wouldn’t name them….. @GrantSmith13 and his other half @JeanMariSmith. Pathetic I tell you. Get a backbone and fucking stand up for self and finish the argument before running off like a bitch with your tail between your legs.
Then you get another follower @Dion_Govender that actually asked and when explained my problem understood and carried on regardless. People take it waaay to far, go back to facebook or unfollow me if you don’t like what I say.

Now back to the main business, The Springboks and their win yesterday and I say win because no matter what or how we did yesterday we are 1/1 for Rugby World Cup 2011. As stated in a previous blog South Africans have become way to complacent and happy go lucky about us just winning. Or at least we tried. For fuck sakes people , since when have we become so lackluster? No wonder the crime is where it is and children are doing drugs, not because they are a victim of circumstance but because their parents allow it. They no longer give a shit. When last has your child come to ask you if they can go kick a ball in the park with their friends or can I go play cricket? Loooong time ago. The new question is when can I go play playstation or can we go to the flea market and buy this or do that. We grew up in such a wonderful family orientated way, why rob our own children of the same thing?
Yesterdays rugby was played half heartedly and without passion. They few players who did play their hearts and soul out had to come on and rescue the shit performance. There are( and I will say it again) at least 8 players in south Africa who deserve their place in the Green and Gold and unfortunately did not get picked. I will even put my cock on a block and say that this team was picked 2 years ago.
I live South Africa, and I love my country, god knows I would die for my country, but when your National Team Coach attributes his teams narrow escape from a embarrassing loss to not having played on a SUNDAY in more than four years then I have no words for him. When he states categorically that his captain is the best Hooker in the world then I don’t know? Unless he meant John Smit was getting fucked at every scrum, lineout or all broken play. My starting 15 .
1) Dean Greyling
2) Bismark Du Plessis
3) C.J van der Linde
4) Victor Matfield
5) Bakkies Botha
6) Heinrich Brussouw
7) Willem Alberts
8) Ashley Johnston
9) Francois Hougard
10) Peter Grant
11) Lwazi Mvovo
12) Juan De Jongh
13) Jacques fourie
14) J.P Peterson
15) Francois Steyn
16) Jano Vermaak
17) Pat Lambie
18) Alwyn Hollenbach
19) Schalk Burger
20) Brok Harris
21) Keegan Daniel
22) Gio Aplon

Why on earth do we (The Springboks) not pick on merit? The New Zealanders won convincingly yet were crapped on by their coach for not playing ninety minute. John Smit is not the best hooker in the country, actually not even in the top 3. Francois hougaard deserves a start. Brian Habana is finished. Schalk Burger started his first game back( he should have come on from the bench). Brussouw gets subbed instead of Burger…….. The Beast and the other Du Plessis should not have come close to this squad. J.P didn’t go look for enough work.
There is a certain privilege about wearing a Springbok jersey. If we could play with half of the passion that Argentina played with then we would be a strong contender for the Semi’s. However , carry on like we did yesterday and we are in a heap of shit. Why do we make lives so hard for ourselves? I will always support the green and gold and will never back down in supporting them . I can and will show my disappointment and disgust at the selections and the way we approached the game. Yours in sport and forever a Springbok ………

No comments:

Post a Comment