Thursday, April 22, 2010

Get Out while you can!

So. Here we go! Have not done this in a while. Got called in to a meeting this morning. Let me stress that this meeting only happens once in a blue moon. Actually it only happens every time my boss goes on leave. His superior and my superior which falls under my boss sort of coerce each other to bring about change and shit out the people that they dislike! This mornings meeting was unlike the rest because of the swearing used by the G.M of the company in his Hitler like demeanor!




Like I previously stated, this only happens when the person who really knows what they are doing goes on leave. Never the less, it happens. How you deal with it is another issue. I have learnt over the years that sometimes you have to take it with a pinch of salt! However, and I pose this as a question. What are the implications of being sworn at by a superior? And advice would be appreciated. My take on a team be it sales, marketing, panel beating, hell even plumbing! That one bad worker can be sniffed out and replaced! However when the whole team is doing badly? Surely the team is only as good as its manager?



When a manager or managers start blaming performance on staff! Then my friends that is a sign of weakness! Especially if the so called manager can do nothing but complain and be negative! Some advice if you will, never get yourself immersed into an autocratic place of work and then try get out of it almost four years later! Cut your losses in the beginning and RUN like Forrest Gump!



I enjoy what I do, I have a very close bond with the people I work with and I am totally in love with the brand! Never will I get sold again. I do the selling , not you!

No comments:

Post a Comment